Material continues to rule most marketing techniques, and there is evidence to support my assertion.
Put simply, content marketing is a vital aspect of any digital marketing technique, whether you’re running a small local service or a large multinational corporation.
After all, material is indisputably the extremely lifeblood upon which the web and social networks are based.
Modern SEO, for all intents and functions, has actually successfully ended up being optimized content marketing as Google demands and rewards businesses that develop content demonstrating Know-how, Authority, and Reliability to the benefit of their consumers.
Content marketing includes producing and sharing valuable, relevant, entertaining, and consistent content in various text-based, video, and audio formats.
The primary focus needs to be on bring in and retaining a plainly specified audience, with the ultimate objective of driving profitable customer action.
However with so much content being produced and shared every day, it’s important to stay upgraded on the latest trends and best practices in material marketing to keep up.
To assist you do just that, here are 30 content marketing statistics I believe you must know:
Material Marketing Use
The number of companies are leveraging material marketing, and how are they planning to discover success?
- According to the Content Marketing Institute, 73% of B2B marketers and 70% of B2C online marketers use content marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy.
- 91% of marketing pros surveyed by Semrush attained success with their material marketing in 2021.
- A B2B Material Marketing Study performed by CMI found 40% of B2B marketers have actually a documented material marketing technique; 33% have a technique, however it’s not recorded, and 27% have no technique whatsoever.
- Half of all marketers say they contract out some content marketing.
- The pandemic increased content use by 207%.
Content Marketing Strategy
What techniques are content marketers using or discovering to be most reliable?
- 83% of online marketers believe it’s more reliable to create higher quality content less frequently.
- In a 2022 Statista Research Study of online marketers worldwide, 62% of participants said they thought it was essential to be “constantly on” for their customers, whereas 23% thought content-led communications were most reliable for customized targeting purposes.
Types Of Content
Material marketing was synonymous with posting blog sites, but the web and content have progressed into audio, video, interactive, and meta formats.
Here are a couple of stats on how the various kinds of material are trending and performing.
- The top 3 types of content being created by marketing groups in 2022 consisted of videos, blogs, and images.
- Short articles/posts (83%) and videos (61%) are the leading two content types that B2C online marketers utilized in the last 12 months. Their use of long-form short articles increased to 42% from 22% last year.
- Short-form video material like Buy TikTok Verification Badges and Buy Instagram Verification Badge Reels is the most reliable type of social networks content.
- 40.8% of online marketers stated original graphics (infographics, illustrations) assisted them reach their marketing objectives in 2020 (Source: Venngage)
- 72% of B2C online marketers expected their company to buy video marketing in 2022. (Source: CMI)
- Short material (300-900 words) draws in 21% less traffic and 75% fewer backlinks than posts of typical length (900– 1200 words.) (Source: Semrush State of Material Marketing 2022)
- Interactive material sees 52.6% more engagement than static content, with purchasers investing an average of 8.5 minutes viewing fixed material items and 13 minutes on interactive content products. (Source: Mediafly)
It is not merely sufficient to produce and publish material.
For a content strategy to be effective, it needs to consist of distributing content by means of the channels often visited by an organization’s target market.
- Buy Facebook Verification Badge was the top circulation channel for B2C marketers in the previous 12 months and the channel that drove the very best results. (Source: CMI)
- B2B online marketers reported to CMI that LinkedIn was the most typical and top-performing organic social media distribution channel.
- 80% of B2B online marketers who utilize paid distribution usage paid social networks marketing (Source: CMI)
Once content reaches an audience, it’s important to understand how an audience consumes the material or does something about it as an outcome.
- A 2021 DemandGen research study revealed 62% of those making B2B purchase decisions said they relied more on practical content like case studies and visual material, such as webinars, to guide their purchasing decisions and citing a greater emphasis on the credibility of the source.
- Buyers are willing to invest no greater than 5 minutes evaluating most content formats. (Source: DemandGen Material Preferences Survey)
- In a current post, blog writer Ryan Robinson reports the typical reader spends 37 seconds reading a blog site.
- 65% of respondents to DemandGen’s survey stated they give more credence to peer reviews, user-generated material, and third-party publications/analysts vs. company-generated material.
Material Marketing Performance
One of the main reasons content marketing has taken off is its capability to be determined, enhanced, and tied to a return on investment.
- B2C marketers reported to CMI the leading 3 objectives content marketing assists them to attain are creating brand awareness, constructing trust, and educating their target market.
- Content marketing produces 3 times as lots of leads as traditional outgoing marketing but expenses 62% less (Source: CMI).
- 56% of online marketers who leverage blogging state it’s a reliable strategy, and 10% state it produces the greatest ROI (roi). (Source: Hubspot blog research study)
- Over 60% of marketers determine the success of their material marketing strategy through sales. (Source: Hubspot State of Marketing Report, 2021)
Content Marketing Budgets
Budget changes and the determination to purchase specific marketing strategies are great indications of how popular and effective these strategies are at a macro level.
The following statistics definitely seem to indicate online marketers have actually bought into the value of material.
- 61% of B2C online marketers in CMI’s 2021 research study stated their 2022 material marketing budget plan would surpass their 2021 budget.
- 22% of B2B online marketers said they spent 50% or more of their total marketing budget plan on material marketing. Furthermore, 43% saw their material marketing budget plans grow from 2020 to 2021, and 66% anticipated them to grow once again in 2022. (Source: CMI)
All types of marketing included obstacles related to time, resources, competence, and competition. Recognizing and dealing with these difficulties head-on with well-thought-out methods is the best method to overcome them and realize success.
- Leading obstacles included “bring in quality leads with our material” (41%), “producing enough traffic and promoting our material” (39%), “developing content that resonates with our audience” (31%), and “showing the ROI of our content” (30%). (Source: Semrush’s State of Material Marketing 2022)
- Changes to SEO/search algorithms (64%), modifications to social networks algorithms (53%), and data management/analytics (48%) are among the leading issues for B2C online marketers. (Source: CMI)
- 47% of individuals are seeking downtime from internet-enabled devices due to digital fatigue (Source: EY Survey)
Time To Get Going
As you can clearly see and maybe have currently understood, material marketing can be a highly effective and affordable way to create leads, develop brand name awareness and drive sales.
Those happy to put in the work of developing a recorded content method and performing it by producing, distributing, and optimizing high-value, appropriate customer-centric content can reap substantial company benefits.
Featured Image: Deemak Daksina/SMM Panel